Meridian Social Security Office
4817 North Park Dr
Meridian, MS - 39305
Official Social Security Administration Website: http://www.ssa.gov/
The Meridian Social Security Office determines eligibility and pays benefits to those entitled to survivor benefits. Determines eligibility and pays benefits to the entitled legally blind. Determines eligibility and pays retirement benefits to those entitled aged 62 and older.
SSI makes monthly payments to people who have low income and few resources and are:
Age 65 or older;
If you are applying for SSI, you can complete a large part of your application by visiting our website at www.socialsecurity.gov. You also can call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 to ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.
Parents or guardians usually can apply for blind or disabled children under age 18. In some cases, other third parties can apply for children.
You should bring certain items when you apply. Even if you do not have all of the things listed below, apply anyway. The people in the Social Security office can help you get whatever is needed.
- Your Social Security card or a record of your Social Security number;
- Your birth certificate or other proof of your age;
- Information about the home where you live, such as your mortgage or your lease and landlord's name;
- Payroll slips, bank books, insurance policies, burial fund records and other information about your income and the things you own;
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals and clinics that you have been to, if you are applying for SSI because you are disabled or blind;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen status; and
- Your checkbook or other papers that show your bank, credit union or savings and loan account number. If you are approved for SSI, you must receive your
payments electronically. Payments may be made via direct deposit, the Direct Express® card program or an Electronic Transfer Account. For more information, visit www.GoDirect.org.
How to apply online?
Visit www.socialsecurity.gov and select 'Apply online for disabilitybenefits.'
Fill out the Disability Benefit Application
Answer the questions on the Adult Disability Report
Mail or take the documents to this Social Security office.
The online forms are available to you seven days a week during the following hours (Eastern time):
Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. until 1 a.m.
Saturday: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Holidays: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.