Salinas Social Security Administration Office

928 East Blanco Rd, suite 155
Salinas, CA - 93901


(877) 600-2857

Email Address

Not available

Web address

Leave a Review

Your review is for this website only. Call the Social Security Dept directly to ask a question.


  1. Apr 10, 2019

    I need to change the spelling of my first name on my social security card and, as I understand, I should print and bring Form SS-5 with me. Additionally, I need to bring at least two documents as proof of my identity. Among them could be a certificate of naturalization, social security card, or my driver's license. Unfortunately, my passport has expired, so I'm going to bring only the originals of my Social Security card and my Driver's license. My driver's license was issued in Oregon, but I moved to Monterey, CA in March, 2019. So my questions are: 1. Should I bring SS-5 Form? 2. My social security card with the wrong spelling of my first name 3. My Oregon driver's license with the correct spelling of my first name Will these documents be sufficient to prove my identity so that I could submit my SS-5 requesting my first name change? Thank you.

  2. Mar 26, 2019

    I have been to the Social Security office 4 times trying to straighten out my Medicare situation. I went to the local office to sign up after losing my job in November 2018 which is as you know, a triggering event for Medicare coverage that requires that it be started immediately. I had the form showing the triggering event. The person who assisted me was NEW. He signed me up for Medicare part A to start immediately and Part B to start in June at the next open enrollment. When I got the cards, returned to the Social Security office, refiled the form regarding the triggering event. I got my card yesterday. It now shows that Medicare Part A will begin in June 2019 and makes no mention of Part B. In fact, you sent me a letter stating that I do not have Part B. WHAT IS GOING ON IN WASHINGTON? DOES NOBODY UNDERSTAND THE LAWS? I need Part A and Part B NOW, not in June. I have had a triggering event and I do not want to pay a penalty that by rights, I should not have to pay. I am not working and every penny counts.

  3. Mar 14, 2019

    I want to know if I can come to the Salinas office for a 2:00pm appointment? What do I need to bring? Will they help me complete application?

  4. Nov 13, 2018

    45 minute hold time? Why can't I make an appointment at my local SSA office? I went by there today and the line was out the door and the waiting room was full. People with walkers out standing in the cold. The guard said it was "a light day." I can't even talk to a person on the phone! Horrible customer service.

  5. Oct 5, 2018

    I would like to compliment Donna Adams, who assisted me with my application for Social Security Survivor benefits. I had made a mistake and she assisted me in correcting it. She was courteous, knowledgeable and answered my questions. Her patience and professionalism is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  6. Jul 21, 2014

    I went into this office at Noon on a Wednesday (I work so Noon was my only option) and the place was PACKED. A lady near the door said she'd been waiting over an hour. The guard said it would extra slow because 3 of the 6 people at the windows were out to lunch. How is it possible that the Federal government hasn't picked up a clue from the DMV and allowed people to make appointments?

Did you see a problem with this listing?

Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

The Salinas Social Security Administration Office determines eligibility and pays benefits to those entitled to survivor benefits. Determines eligibility and pays benefits to the entitled legally blind. Determines eligibility and pays retirement benefits to those entitled aged 62 and older.

SSI makes monthly payments to people who have low income and few resources and are:
Age 65 or older;
Blind; or

If you are applying for SSI, you can complete a large part of your application by visiting our website at You also can call us toll-free at (877) 600-2857 to ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.

Parents or guardians usually can apply for blind or disabled children under age 18. In some cases, other third parties can apply for children.

You should bring certain items when you apply. Even if you do not have all of the things listed below, apply anyway. The people in the Social Security office can help you get whatever is needed.
Please bring:
- Your Social Security card or a record of your Social Security number;
- Your birth certificate or other proof of your age;
- Information about the home where you live, such as your mortgage or your lease and landlord's name;
- Payroll slips, bank books, insurance policies, burial fund records and other information about your income and the things you own;
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals and clinics that you have been to, if you are applying for SSI because you are disabled or blind;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen status; and
- Your checkbook or other papers that show your bank, credit union or savings and loan account number. If you are approved for SSI, you must receive your
payments electronically. Payments may be made via direct deposit, the Direct Express® card program or an Electronic Transfer Account. For more information, visit

How to apply online?
Visit and select 'Apply online for disabilitybenefits.'
Fill out the Disability Benefit Application
Answer the questions on the Adult Disability Report
Mail or take the documents to this Social Security office.

The online forms are available to you seven days a week during the following hours (Eastern time):
Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. until 1 a.m.
Saturday: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Holidays: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.

Opening Up a MySocialSecurity Account
If you paid in to Social Security or are looking for benefits, you will need to open a 'my Social Security' account. This is an online account directly from the Social Security Administration that lets you keep track of and manage your SSA benefits, and allows you to make changes to your Social Security record. My Social Security Account

Getting a Social Security Card OR Replacing A Social Security Card OR Correcting A Social Security Card
1. Learn what documents you'll need to get an original, replacement, or corrected Social Security card, whether it's for a child or adult, U.S. citizen or noncitizen. Documents List.
2. Read the instructions for and fill out an application for a new, replacement, or corrected card. Social Security Forms
3. Social Security cards aren't processed online. Print your application and find out where to take it in person or mail it.

Missing Social Security Checks or Payments
Contact the agency. The paying agency will provide you instructions on how to file a claim File the claim with the paying agency. (800) 772-1213.

Supplemental Security Income
Pays benefits based on financial need.

Social Security Disability
Public social insurance programs that replace income lost because of a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent a previously employed person from working. Monthly cash benefits are paid to the eligible individual with a disability and his or her eligible dependents throughout the period of disability.

SSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits. People who have worked long enough may also be able to receive Social Security disability or retirement benefits as well as SSI.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a replacement Social Security number card?
There is no cost to obtain a free or new Social Security Card. Get an application at this web link: Then, either mail in your application or visit your local office. Try to make an appointment before visiting your location Social Security Office.
How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security number card?
If you legally change your name due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason, you need to go to your local office.
How do I apply for Social Security retirement benefits?
It is recommended that you apply for retirement benefits three months before you want your payments to start. Applying online at One or more of the following documents may be needed in order to apply online. The end of the online application will provide instructions on where to submit them. The documents we may ask for are: Original birth certificate or other proof of birth [more info] (You may also submit a copy of your birth certificate certified by the issuing agency); Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the United States [more info]; Copy of your U.S. military service paper(s) (e.g., DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) if you had military service before 1968; [more info]; and Copy of your W-2 form(s) [more info] and/or self-employment tax return [more info] for last year.
How long will it take to get a Social Security card?
The Social Security Administration will mail your Social Security card as soon as they have all of the necessary information and have verified the appropriate documents. Generally, you will get your card within 10 business days from the date on your receipt.
How long would it take to get by mail my Disability Benefits Award Letter?
An award letter, AKA award notice, is what shows that a claim for benefits has been approved.
The Award letter is usually mailed to the recipient within a few months of Social Security approving their benefit application.
The Social Security office does not have an established deadline for mailing the award letters. Some claimants will get their letters even after Social Security has issued their first benefit payment or earlier than that.
The wait is longer if your case was decided on a hearing.
Apply for Benefits Here.
Can I schedule, reschedule, or cancel an appointment with Social Security, through your website?
No. We do not have direct contact with any of the offices listed on our website, we only provide the locations with the contact information, you must call them directly.
If I give you my Social Security Number and personal Information, can you check the Status of my case or check my application status?
No. We do not have direct contact with any of the offices listed on our website, we only provide the locations with the contact information, you must call them directly. We strongly advise that you do not provide your Social Security Number or personal information through this website or any other website. Contact your local Social Security office directly in order to obtain your case status or for more information.

Closest Area Social Security Offices