Wyoming Social Security Offices

Office details and Frequently Asked Questions

We provide local listings of Social Security Offices in Wyoming.

Continue below to search the list of local Social Security Offices in Wyoming.

Read our FAQ for common questions and tips on how to make an appointment hassle free.

Select from the links below to find a Social Security Office in Wyoming

Latest offices added in Wyoming

US Social Security Administration - Casper

150 East B Street
Casper, WY - 82601

Social Security Administration: Sheridan Office Information

2268 N. Main St.
Sheridan, WY - 82801
Office hours will remain the same Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Many services are also available through the national toll-free number 1-800-772-1213 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. ..

View Full Details

US Social Security Administration - Rock Springs

79 Winston Dr
Rock Springs, WY - 82901

Social Security Administration Cheyenne

3001 E Pershing Blvd, Suite 140
Cheyenne, WY - 82009
(866) 336-7580

Social Security Administrative Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take to get a Social Security card?

The Social Security Administration will mail your Social Security card as soon as they have all of the necessary information and have verified the appropriate documents. Generally, you will get your card within 10 business days from the date on your receipt.

How do I apply for Social Security retirement benefits?

It is recommended that you apply for retirement benefits three months before you want your payments to start. Applying online at https://secure.ssa.gov/iClaim/rib. One or more of the following documents may be needed in order to apply online. The end of the online application will provide instructions on where to submit them. The documents we may ask for are: Original birth certificate or other proof of birth [more info] (You may also submit a copy of your birth certificate certified by the issuing agency); Proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status if you were not born in the United States [more info]; Copy of your U.S. military service paper(s) (e.g., DD-214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) if you had military service before 1968; [more info]; and Copy of your W-2 form(s) [more info] and/or self-employment tax return [more info] for last year.

How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security number card?

If you legally change your name due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason, you need to go to your local office.

How do I apply for a replacement Social Security number card?

There is no cost to obtain a free or new Social Security Card. Get an application at this web link: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf. Then, either mail in your application or visit your local office. Try to make an appointment before visiting your location Social Security Office.