Orlando Social Security Administration Office
5520 Gatlin Ave, suite 102
Orlando, FL - 32812
Did you see a problem with this listing?
Office hours: Mondays through Fridays 8:30am - 3pm.
Directions: Traveling South on Semoran Blvd (SR 436) towards the Orlando International Airport (OIA), make a right turn on Gatlin Ave. The building is on the left side.
Traveling North on Semoran Blvd, away from OIA, make a left turn on Gatlin. The building is on the left side.
All residents of Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties applying for Social Security Cards are required to visit this Card Center.
Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SSI makes monthly payments to people who have low income and few resources and are:
Age 65 or older;
If you are applying for SSI, you can complete a large part of your application by visiting our website at www.socialsecurity.gov. You also can call us toll-free at (866) 964-6146 to ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.
Parents or guardians usually can apply for blind or disabled children under age 18. In some cases, other third parties can apply for children.
You should bring certain items when you apply. Even if you do not have all of the things listed below, apply anyway. The people in the Social Security office can help you get whatever is needed.
- Your Social Security card or a record of your Social Security number;
- Your birth certificate or other proof of your age;
- Information about the home where you live, such as your mortgage or your lease and landlord's name;
- Payroll slips, bank books, insurance policies, burial fund records and other information about your income and the things you own;
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals and clinics that you have been to, if you are applying for SSI because you are disabled or blind;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen status; and
- Your checkbook or other papers that show your bank, credit union or savings and loan account number. If you are approved for SSI, you must receive your
payments electronically. Payments may be made via direct deposit, the Direct Express® card program or an Electronic Transfer Account. For more information, visit www.GoDirect.org.
How to apply online?
Visit www.socialsecurity.gov and select 'Apply online for disabilitybenefits.'
Fill out the Disability Benefit Application
Answer the questions on the Adult Disability Report
Mail or take the documents to this Social Security office.
The online forms are available to you seven days a week during the following hours (Eastern time):
Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. until 1 a.m.
Saturday: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Holidays: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
If you paid in to Social Security or are looking for benefits, you will need to open a 'my Social Security' account. This is an online account directly from the Social Security Administration that lets you keep track of and manage your SSA benefits, and allows you to make changes to your Social Security record. My Social Security Account
Getting a Social Security Card OR Replacing A Social Security Card OR Correcting A Social Security Card
1. Learn what documents you'll need to get an original, replacement, or corrected Social Security card, whether it's for a child or adult, U.S. citizen or noncitizen. Documents List.
2. Read the instructions for and fill out an application for a new, replacement, or corrected card. Social Security Forms
3. Social Security cards aren't processed online. Print your application and find out where to take it in person or mail it.
Missing Social Security Checks or Payments
Contact the agency. The paying agency will provide you instructions on how to file a claim File the claim with the paying agency. (800) 772-1213.
Supplemental Security Income
Pays benefits based on financial need.
Social Security Disability
Public social insurance programs that replace income lost because of a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent a previously employed person from working. Monthly cash benefits are paid to the eligible individual with a disability and his or her eligible dependents throughout the period of disability.
SSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits. People who have worked long enough may also be able to receive Social Security disability or retirement benefits as well as SSI.
Closest Area Social Security Offices
See all activity
- 'm a resident of Kissimmee, FLORIDA and do not enjoy the hour ride to the only \"card center\" serving Seminole, Osceola & Orange Counties. This is insane! I don\'t know what adults do with their Social Security cards, but to keep the crowd down at this office, some people need to be more Responsible. I\'ve visited this office 3 times & each time there\'s more people. I wish the government would open another card center because it\'s really ridiculous to wait 90 minutes to be seen, then be told you don\'t have the correct paperwork to get a card for a child in your custody. And the people answering the phone almost always give you incorrect information. I believe most of the employees there work diligently to you in and out, but the waiting is annoying.
- " serving Seminole, Osceola & Orange Counties this is to much for one office and is absolutely insane! No where to park! We can put a man on the moon - but we cant have more offices?