Sandston Social Security Office
245 E. Williamsburg Rd
Sandston, VA - 23150
Leave a ReviewYour review is for this website only. Call the Social Security Dept directly to ask a question.
Did you see a problem with this listing?
****IMPORTANT: Social Security offices are offering more in-person appointments and have resumed in-person services for people without an appointment.
To avoid waiting in line, they strongly encourage people to use the online services at https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices or call them to schedule
appointments in advance rather than walking in without an appointment.
Social Security Office Hours:
Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Top Online Services on SSA.govYou can go online at: https://www.ssa.gov for the following services. You can take care of these things without making an appointment at your local office.
Apply for Benefits
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal a Decision
Check Your Account Information
- View Your Latest SS Statement
- Review Your Earnings History
- Estimate Your Retirement Benefits
- Check Your Application Status
Updates To Your Account
- Change Your Address
- Direct Deposit Setup and Changes
- Print Proof of Benefits
- Print Out Your 1099 Form
SSI makes monthly payments to people who have low income and few resources and are:
Age 65 or older;
If you are applying for SSI, you can complete a large part of your application by visiting our website at www.socialsecurity.gov. You also can call us toll-free at 866-218-2307 to ask for an appointment with a Social Security representative.
Parents or guardians usually can apply for blind or disabled children under age 18. In some cases, other third parties can apply for children.
You should bring certain items when you apply. Even if you do not have all of the things listed below, apply anyway. The people in the Social Security office can help you get whatever is needed.
- Your Social Security card or a record of your Social Security number;
- Your birth certificate or other proof of your age;
- Information about the home where you live, such as your mortgage or your lease and landlord's name;
- Payroll slips, bank books, insurance policies, burial fund records and other information about your income and the things you own;
- The names, addresses and telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals and clinics that you have been to, if you are applying for SSI because you are disabled or blind;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen status; and
- Your checkbook or other papers that show your bank, credit union or savings and loan account number. If you are approved for SSI, you must receive your
payments electronically. Payments may be made via direct deposit, the Direct Express® card program or an Electronic Transfer Account. For more information, visit www.GoDirect.org.
How to apply online?
Visit www.socialsecurity.gov and select 'Apply online for disabilitybenefits.'
Fill out the Disability Benefit Application
Answer the questions on the Adult Disability Report
Mail or take the documents to this Social Security office.
The online forms are available to you seven days a week during the following hours (Eastern time):
Monday-Friday: 5 a.m. until 1 a.m.
Saturday: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.
Holidays: 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
If you paid in to Social Security or are looking for benefits, you will need to open a 'my Social Security' account. This is an online account directly from the Social Security Administration that lets you keep track of and manage your SSA benefits, and allows you to make changes to your Social Security record. My Social Security Account
Getting a Social Security Card OR Replacing A Social Security Card OR Correcting A Social Security Card
1. Learn what documents you'll need to get an original, replacement, or corrected Social Security card, whether it's for a child or adult, U.S. citizen or noncitizen. Documents List.
2. Read the instructions for and fill out an application for a new, replacement, or corrected card. Social Security Forms
3. Social Security cards aren't processed online. Print your application and find out where to take it in person or mail it.
Missing Social Security Checks or Payments
Contact the agency. The paying agency will provide you instructions on how to file a claim File the claim with the paying agency. (800) 772-1213.
Supplemental Security Income
Pays benefits based on financial need.
Social Security Disability
Public social insurance programs that replace income lost because of a physical or mental impairment severe enough to prevent a previously employed person from working. Monthly cash benefits are paid to the eligible individual with a disability and his or her eligible dependents throughout the period of disability.
SSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits. People who have worked long enough may also be able to receive Social Security disability or retirement benefits as well as SSI.
Ask a Question
User Questions & Answers
Frequently Asked Questions
I need to change mine and my husband's address. I have tried calling numerous times. How do I go about changing our address?
Just called to get an appointment and got the worst person I have ever talked to ever.............a Mr. H. I was told they do not have appointments in the office, you can only get a phone appointment.
Tried to call and was cut off
I just wanted to know do I have to report a part time job?
I had a phone conference appt set for yesterday, for which I had waited a month. My appt was not honored, and I was available 30 min before and after set time. I spent an hour+ afterwards trying to get through to office only to be kicked out by automated system, saying all representatives are busy please call back at a later time, then disconnected. After 5 attempts I was able to get a human voice ONLY to be put on hold again, then hung up on. Very upsetting. So very disappointing and disrespectful.
I hold for 15 minutes for the Sandston Office and then you disconnect me when trying to connect me with a representative. wHO HAS TIME TO GO TROUGH SAME PROCESS AGAIN JUST TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT,frustrating!
Professional and knowledgeable staff.
Dear Sir I was born in Henrico, VA I am outside the states and I lost my SSN and I forget it I want to renew my passport as it will be expired on Feb. 25, 2020. How can I get my SSN
calling to report a death that occurred on 11/20/19
I hold for 20 minutes for the Sandston Office and then you disconnect me when trying to connect me with a representative. How frustrating!